Adaptive Sports USA has a unique network made up of athletes, chapter organizations, and adaptive sporting event opportunities hosted regionally, nationally, and internationally. As a multi-sport organization providing recreation opportunities for individuals with disabilities we provide resources, outreach, education, and competitive opportunities to our members.
2016 Change to Membership Structure
Adaptive Sports USA has simplified the membership structure. We have the options of individual (rolling membership for one year from the date of purchase) and chapter membership (annually the calendar year). There is no longer a recreation level membership. Instead, all athletes that compete in an Adaptive Sports USA sanctioned event will become a part of our network for informational and networking purposes. Adaptive Sports USA still highly encourages an athlete become an annual member to enjoy the benefits available. To participate in the Adaptive Sports USA Junior Nationals, travel with an IWAS Team or receive a certificate acknowledging a Record, annual membership is required.
BENEFITS OF INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
- Be a part of a community of athletes with a disability that support and mentor one another.
- Network with peers on the web, on Facebook and on Twitter.
- Access to the Athlete Development Fund (ADF Account).
- *COMING SOON* Online listing opportunity for athletes to fundraise with online donation capability.
- Opportunities for classification at sanctioned events.
- Access to training clinics for athletes, coaches, and officials.
- Opportunity to qualify and compete at Junior Nationals.
- Discounted registration for the Adaptive Sports USA National Conference.
- Opportunity to be selected to Team USA to compete at International Wheelchair & Amputee Sports Federation competitions around the world.
- Access to Adaptive Sports USA Rulebooks via free downloads online